Astralwerks – one of America’s pre-eminent homes for unique and forward-thinking artists – is marking its 24th year with a multi-platform celebration, contests and more. Astralwerks is now an official Curator on Apple Music. Listen to the playlists that range from latest releases, to deep cuts & remixes, throwbacks, and current hot dance and electronic tracks HERE. Highlights of the anniversary celebration include:
- A limited edition 24th anniversary t-shirt debuts today in the Astralwerks shop During a 24-minute flash sale that begins at 2:00 PM ET today, it will be available for only 24 cents.
- Vevo Watch Party– View 24 key videos from Astralwerks artists, spanning from Fatboy Slim’s “Weapon of Choice” to Albin Lee Meldau’s “Bloodshot.” The videos will play on a loop for the next 24 hours HERE.
- Spotify 24-hour playlist featuring seminal Astralwerks artists. StreamHERE.
- Astralwerks.com contest -Fans can enter to win rare and signed items from the label’s 24-year history HERE.
- Learn “24 Things You Didn’t Know About Astralwerks”HERE. Which two international artists inspired the label’s name? Which artist used to have a cubicle at Astralwerks?
“Astralwerks was established as a response to, and in recognition of, the rise of electronic music in the mid 90’s and since then have remained dedicated to working with and signing innovators that have both transformed dance music and moved culture,” said Astralwerks’ General Manager, Glenn Mendlinger, who has been with the label for 20 of its 24 years. “We could not be prouder of our incredible roster and wanted to honor our 24th anniversary with a 24 hour-themed celebration. Astralwerks…always on and always open.”
Founded in New York City, Astralwerks was the brainchild of staffers at Caroline Records who saw an opportunity for a label focused on the emerging electronic and ambient scene. The label launched with Tales Of Ephidrinaby Amorphous Androgynous (an alias of The Future Sound of London), which was released on July 30, 1993. Astralwerks was instrumental in igniting two explosive waves of musical creativity: first with the pioneers of electronic music in the ’90s, and more recently with EDM in the new millennium, while also nurturing and developing artists beyond the realm of dance music. To date, Astralwerks has amassed 30 GRAMMY nominations, taken home six GRAMMY Awards and released prominent soundtracks such as the GRAMMY-nominated Six Feet Under and the BRIT-nominated The Virgin Suicides. The label has hosted massive events at Miami’s legendary Winter Music Conference, staged the first Rave On The Rocks at Red Rocks in Denver and produced a celebrated music video that was voted “best video of all time” in the U.K. for “Weapon Of Choice” by artist Fatboy Slim-who also happened to be the first DJ to sell one million albums in the U.S.
In addition to a current roster of Halsey, The Chemical Brothers, The Avalanches, Fatboy Slim, Swedish House Mafia, Future Sound Of London, Underworld, Empire Of The Sun, Brian Eno, Röyksopp, Alison Wonderland, Duke Dumont, Lemaitre, Kings of Convenience, Audien, and The Kooks;Astralwerks’ artists throughout its history have also included Kraftwerk, Hot Chip, Sia, Air, David Guetta, Porter Robinson, Doves, Pet Shop Boys, Phoenix, The B-52’s, Beta Band, Eric Prydz, among many more.