PREMIERES NEW PRESCHOOL SERIES “POWERBIRDS” ON SUNDAY, JANUARY 19 AT 10AM ET/PT
- Universal Kids, the TV network that playfully celebrates kids’ everyday adventures, announces the new preschool series “Powerbirds” premiering on Sunday, January 19 at 10am ET/PT.
- About the show: Parakeet siblings Ace and Polly at first glance seem like ordinary pets, but they’re not your average birds, both possessing special super powers. Inspired by their owner Max’s love of comic books, Ace and Polly’s oversized imaginations take them on heroic superhero adventures. Unbeknownst to Max, whenever he leaves for the day, Ace and Polly spring into action as the Powerbirds! In each episode, they use superhero powers such as the fantastic freeze, super sight, super speed and beyond, to save their neighborhood from animal villains. The series promotes underlying positive messages that we can all be our own superhero if we do the right thing.
- 6-year-old Max’s love for comic books, action figures and adventure comes from his Grandpa Felix. Ace and Polly are Max’s favorite pets and their daily superhero adventures are often sparked by his creative play.
- Ace the parakeet has a strong sense of duty, but is also playful and daring. He tends to do things by-the-book and has memorized the superhero handbook’s collection of credos and techniques.
- Polly the parakeet is a creative, out-of-the-box thinker. She’s a goofball who frequently makes things up on the fly. But, Polly is always ready to jump into action and save the day.
About Universal Kids
Universal Kids represents the world of NBCUniversal family brands. As a kid-focused ecosystem with great TV content at the center, Universal Kids is programmed for the 2-12 year old audience, with a fresh mix of animated content, unscripted entertainment, and proven international hits. Launched in September 2017 and available in over 59 million homes, Universal Kids is available for kids and families across all platforms, including on air, online, On Demand and via mobile with the Universal Kids app.