From recently making headlines by appearing in Ariana Grande’s viral “Thank U, Next” video to being a bonafide influencer with over 13.2M combined followers, Gabi Demartino will release her most personal song yet in time for Valentine’s Day. Her new single “Cold Room” releasing February 14th, 2019, will allow her massive fan base to see her in a completely different light.
Gabi Speaking About the Meaning of “Cold Room”
“Cold Room” is a song I wrote 3 years ago while I was forming unfamiliar feelings for a friend. I knew it was more than a friend but never wanted to confront the situation because I was afraid the feelings weren’t mutual. I never wanted to cross the line and ruin the friendship. I decided to release this song now, because it came on shuffle in my car while driving through a blizzard on the east coast. It is the most relatable, confident, upbeat love ballad that I have ever written and thought maybe it could help a few relationships blossom this Valentine’s Day. I want this track to help people in similar situations. Hopefully this song can send shivers down some spines and chill some veins. Pun- intended!
- Gabi played a cheerleader who punches herself in the face because Arianna told her to, a spoof of the beloved teen comedy “Mean Girls,” in the “Thank U, Next” video that broke YouTube’s 24 hour record
- Gabi has often been called an Arianna Grande look alike, something she embraces in several of her vlogs.
- Gabi boasts 3.4 million followers on her Instagram and 2.5 million on her personal YouTube channel
- Gabi and her twin sister Niki also have an extremely successful YouTube channel with over 7.3 million subscribers and over 900 million views
- Each week the sister duo shares a video in the realm of fashion, beauty, comedy and singing.
More on Gabi-
On top of her successful YouTube channels, Gabi also has a music career. Her and twin sister Niki released an EP Titled “Individual” in 2018. Their song “Sleep it Off” garnered 2.1 million views in only 2 weeks. Gabi also has several solo tracks on the album. The video for her song“Flowers” garnered 2.3 million views and featured her good friend Paris Hilton, the song is a fun female anthem that showcased her powerful vocals.
When the Gabi isn’t busy promoting her music and working on her massive Youtube channels, she somehow manages to find time to star in break out roles acting roles. In 2017, Gabi starred in season 2 of Hulu’s “Freakish” while she also wrote, produced and starred in “Blood Queens,”now in season two, for her vlog channel. Niki & Gabi can also be seen on AwesomenessTV series “Spring Break” and “Dear DeMartino”.
Over the years, Niki & Gabi have worked with many esteemed publications such as TeenVogue, Seventeen and PopSugar. In 2016, they were named one of the year’s top beauty influencers by Women’s Wear Daily. The twins won the Best Fashion Award at the 2018 Streamy Awards! The girls are staples at top tier events such as the Teen Choice Awards, Kids Choice Awards and sat front row at the Michael Costello, Son Jung Wan and Sherri Hill shows at this year’s NYFW. Gabi hope’s to continue empowering their young fans to find their voice and to follow their dreams!