THE ANNUAL SUMMER EVENT LE DÎNER EN BLANC – CHICAGO RETURNS ON THURSDAY, AUGUST 24, 2017
The Legendary Pop-Up Culinary Event, Hosted Annually by over 70 Cities Worldwide,
Celebrates its 6th Edition in the City of Chicago.
CHICAGO – A leading summer event in Paris for nearly 30 years, this secret event is well on its way to becoming the summer foodie tradition in Chicago as well. On Thursday, August 24, 2017, Le Dîner en Blanc – Chicago will descend on an undisclosed, stunning public space in our city to revel in Chicago’s burgeoning food and wine scene as the most unique picnic experience in the city and the world.
Each summer hundreds of thousands of people in cities around the world set out for an elegant soirée dressed all in white with their table and chairs, gourmet picnic and place setting for two in celebration of their city, friendship and a magical night under the stars. The evening begins as participants converge at their selected meeting point prior to the main event. From there, they are led by a Dîner en Blanc – Chicago volunteer to an iconic outdoor destination. With the city as a backdrop, guests enjoy music, entertainment, dancing, and new friends throughout the evening. More than 3,000 attended the sold-out 2016 event, and over 3,500 guests are expected to participate in the 2017 edition of Le Dîner en Blanc – Chicago.
“It was the perfect place for our engagement!” exclaimed 2016 attendees Basia Milan and Adrian Ortiz.
“Le Dîner en Blanc – Chicago is first and foremost an event to celebrate our city. With the inspiration of the original Parisian event, we have created an inclusive environment that transcends societal labels and brings people together to experience the heart of Chicago. Every year we are overwhelmed and delighted at the community that has been created, reuniting old friends and creating new ones. We strive to keep this going by bringing people together, giving back to the community and, of course, having a marvelous time doing it!’ state the hosts of the Chicago event” – Roger Hobby, James Wild, Lauren Haras, Annette Dalloo and Jenn Jones.
Invitations occur in three stages. Each invitation is for two people: Phase 1 is for 2016 members who attended the previous year’s event; Phase 2 is for new members who are referred by Phase I attendees and; Phase 3 is for guests who register on the waiting list. Sign up now at chicago.dinerenblanc.com/register.
To keep with Le Dîner en Blanc’s unique tradition, guests are asked to observe the following rules:
- Once confirmed, guests’ participation is essential.
- Dress code: It’s simple! Elegant, white outfits and accessories – originality encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
- Table setting: all white and no disposable place settings!
- Wine and/or Champagne. Beer and hard liquor are prohibited.
- Per venue, City of Chicago and state laws/regulations/ordinances, guests are not allowed to bring their own alcohol. Guests wishing to enjoy wine or Champagne must reserve a voucher through the e-store. Non-alcoholic beverages welcome.
- The location is a secret. Guests meet at their selected departure point and are escorted by a Dîner en Blanc – Chicago volunteer to the secret event site.
- At the end of the evening, guests are required to take all of their belongings, leftovers and garbage, leaving the secret location as pristine as they found out.
Guests must bring:
- One table, two white chairs, white tablecloth, and white cloth napkins.
- A picnic basket with food, proper stemware and white dinnerware.
- A catered picnic option is available for those who do not wish to pack their own, available for pick-up onsite at the event. Guests wishing to order must purchase a voucher online through the e-store.
- Valid Driver’s License or State ID are required (all guests must be over 21).
For full details on the event’s rules and additional tips, please visit chicago.dinerenblanc.com/about.