Experience Egypt with Heritage Tours
Award-winning private travel company expands its destination portfolio
Heritage Tours, leader in custom-designed private travel, announces the addition of Egypt to its growing portfolio of destinations.
Heritage Tours is widely respected for its expertise in providing clients unique and meticulously-tailored journeys to some of the world’s most fascinating and culturally-rich destinations, with a focus on authenticity and granting insider access that is otherwise unattainable. The company currently offers custom itinerary planning to Morocco, Sub Saharan Africa, Greece, Spain, Portugal, Turkey, Africa, Israel and Jordan.
Egypt is back on the map and has seen the largest increase in international tourist arrivals in Europe and Africa with a 55.1% increase in 2017 alone, according to a report released by the United Nations World Tourism Organization. With 8.3 million tourists in 2017, there is strong evidence that demand for travel to Egypt is on the rise, and the future looks even more promising. Today’s growing wine scene in north Alexandria, the launch of the Grand Egyptian Museum on the Giza Plateau, and opening of the St. Regis Cairo, are just a few of this year’s highly anticipated happenings. With a wealth of knowledge and established roots in Morocco, Sub Saharan Africa, Israel and Jordan, Heritage Tours seized the opportunity to leverage their expertise and further expand their capabilities in the region with the addition of Egypt.
Egypt is a time capsule – mysterious, mystical and mighty, from its Great Pyramids to its immense Nile River. Whether travelers are looking to immerse themselves in more than 7,000 years of history, visit the Great Pyramids, see the iconic Sphinx, explore lush oases in the vast desert landscapes or relax at one of the country’s iconic beachside towns, Heritage Tours develops specialized itineraries to allow every discerning traveler to awaken their inner explorer and embark on an extraordinary adventure.
The Heritage Tours team of experts offers a highly customized and personal experience. Below are just a few of the experiences offered:
• Take a private tour of Cairo to see one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, The Great Pyramid, and explore an ancient Egyptian royal mortuary and other mysterious and impressive pyramids and temples.
• Travel the Nile by motorboat to the Nubian Village on Soheil Island to meet a Nubian family and learn about their simple lifestyle, culture and traditions.
• Embark on a journey through the wine-making process in central Egypt’s Gianaclis, from the picking of the grapes through to the bottling and ageing process.
• Marvel at prehistoric rock art in the Swimmers Cave and the gem-like, yellow-green tektite of the natural phenomenon that is Silica Glass Field.
• Stroll along the main seaside road, Al Corniche, during a private Alexandria tour, savoring the affable nature of the city residents, charming European-style buildings and brightly colored fishing boats bobbing in the harbor
• Experience a lush oasis in the desert landscape – Siwa, a veritable Eden of mineral springs, salt lakes, olive trees and palm groves.
• Take a trip to the bizarre White Desert to see The Valley of the Golden Mummies, a collection of approximately 250 mummies.
• Explore Al Moez Ldin Allah Al Fatimi Street in Cairo, believed to boast the greatest concentration of medieval architectural treasures in the Islamic world.
• Board a dahabiya, a luxurious sailing vessel that plies the Nile between Luxor and Aswan, for a private Nile cruise.
• Explore the world’s ‘largest outdoor museum of antiquities,’ beginning with a hot air balloon ride over the Valley of the Queens and the Temple of Queen Hatshepsut.
A rich mosaic of cultures, religions and landscapes, a private Egypt tour presents the increasingly valuable opportunity to become a more educated world citizen. Those seeking full cultural immersion in true comfort and style, while combining a deep sense of adventure and surprise, will relish exploring Egypt with Heritage Tours, where behind-the-scenes excursions led by local experts enhance each experience.
Each itinerary for every trip with Heritage Tours is unique and customized in advance however, a sample itinerary for an 11-day/10-night trip for 2 people to Egypt, starts at $5,395 per person. This includes breakfast every day and dinner on some nights. Sample Itineraries for Egypt
Founded in 1995, Heritage Tours continues to set the standard in custom-designed, private travel. With Heritage Tours, travelers can discover the magic of some of the world’s most exciting destinations with an authenticity of local experience and insider access that is normally unattainable. Widely recognized within the industry, Heritage Tours was recently named the ‘#3 Tour Operator in the World’ by Travel + Leisure magazine and was nominated for the 8th year as the ‘Best FIT Tour Operator’ by Virtuoso. The company currently operates in Morocco, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Turkey, Israel, Jordan and Africa and is part of JG Worldwide’s network of leading tourism brands. www.heritagetours.com
JG Worldwide and its global portfolio of distinctive brands maintain an unparalleled reputation within the tourism industry. Founded by entrepreneur and travel industry veteran Jena Gardner, the firm’s network of companies includes JG Black Book, a leading hospitality consulting firm, Heritage Tours and Revealed America, recognized as two of the industry’s top bespoke tour operators, as well as The Bodhi Tree Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting environmental and humanitarian efforts related to travel and tourism sustainability. Headquartered in New York, JG Worldwide’s mission is to lead the world to inspired destinations and to harness the strength of the global travel industry to preserve the planet’s natural and cultural treasures. www.jgworldwide.com