As the headlines warn of a world seemingly taking steps backward, behavioral scientist Dr. Kristen Lee shares a new psychology of thinking to move you forward with a new mindset and patterns of behaviors that inspire connection, collaboration, proactivity, and creativity.
Based on twenty years of clinical practice and neuroscientific research, Dr. Kristen Lee teaches us how to see the world―and its most difficult situations―through a series of different lenses, to steer our brains to cultivate “upward spiral habits.” This is what psychologists call “The Good Life”—living mindfully and consciously regardless of what is going on around us. Instead of falling into common behavioral traps which lead to perpetual patterns of shutting down, numbing out, binding up, and staying stuck.
MENTALLIGENCE: A New Psychology of Thinking helps us find the thinking and behavioral agility to work toward better outcomes for all.
* Rethink the many forms of social conditioning to reduce mindlessness, ignorance, and compulsions towards insularity, hatred, bias, and fear.
• Advance human progress through empathy, curiosity, familiarity, and unconditional regard.
* Avoid the 4 common downward spiral behavioral traps: Sleepwalking, Perfectionism, Centricism, and Lockdown.
* Learn how to become impact-driven instead of performance-obsessed.
* Discover how to work with “collective efficacy” that is less I-focused and more we-focused, to facilitate positive social impact at a time when it’s desperately needed.
• Refuse to be held hostage by bigotry, ignorance and polarization, and instead link arms in solidarity to find common ground and get to the Good Life together.
About the Author:
Dr. Kristen Lee, EdD, LICSW, is a recovering perfectionist and clinician, researcher, educator and activist with twenty-two years of experience. She is lead faculty for Behavioral Science at Northeastern University in Boston and author of Indie Book Award’s 2015 Motivational Book of the Year, Reset: Make the Most of Your Stress. To learn more follow on social media (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat).
Available wherever books are sold or to order directly from the publisher contact:
(800) 441-5569 or www.hcibooks.com.
MENTALLIGENCE: A New Psychology of Thinking
Kristen Lee, EdD, LICSW