Getting to the gym is the hardest part of working out, so why not workout in the comfort of your own home?
10 curated home workout moves from DanceBody:
- “Hit the Hook” – kneeling on all fours, holding a 2-3lb weight in one hand, weave the weighted arm under the opposite arm, hold there, and bicep curl so that you feel it in the “hook” near your armpit. 30 reps.
- “Take a Bow” – Standing upright, feet together, step one leg behind the opposite leg into a deep “curtsy” position lunge – hold it there – pulse 3x – and come back to standing. 20 reps.
- “Organic Waist Trainer” – laying on the side of body, prop yourself up on your elbow. Bring top leg bent up to chest as you twist your top arm behind your body, then reverse the movement by pressing the leg behind your body straight and reaching your arm straight out in front. 30 reps.
Holding light weights (2-3lbs) one in each hand, hold your arms wide to your sides, extended away from the body, elbows bent making a “W” shape, allow your upper body to tilt side to side. Take a resistance band under both feet, wrap the ends around your hands so that the band is tight. Bring both arms up in front of your face, palms facing you. Reach one arm up at a time slightly, keeping your arms bent, moving your torso toward the arm that’s in motion.
- “No Mat, No Problem” – Start with both arms up – simultaneously bring one knee up and bring both elbows down to meet your knee, then return to start! Do this 10x + then pulse in the “crunch” position 10x think about bringing your elbows and knee together. Repeat to the left.
- “Golden Ratio” – Holding 2-3lb weights in each hand, tilt your body to a 45 degree angle from the hips, hold the elbows at 90 degrees flip up the right side, then the left side, then both together 20 sets
- “Butt Botox” – Kneeling on all fours, cross your ankles, and lift your leg bent straight up using the muscles on the side of your butt only – keep your abs tight! 40 reps
- “Va Va Voom Abs” – laying on your back in supine position, hands behind your head, feet on floor, knees. Crunch up as you extend your legs straight to the ceiling (point your toes please). 50 reps
- ”Solid Gold” – holding a 2-3lb weight in each hand if you have it (you can do without!) hold arms to side with elbows bend, palms facing up. Rotate and twist out to the sides at the same time to turn palm down towards floor. 30 reps
- “Take a Seat” – This little muscle can make your leg look toned quickly! All you need is the right pressure. Holding onto a chair, stand on one leg, and raise and lower on the ball of your foot 50x each leg.
- “Get on the Floor” – Look, the lower abs are notoriously hard to define, but on the flipside, the upper abs are easier to tone up for crop top season. Laying on your back, legs stretched out in a wide V position, hands stretched long behind you, circle your arms around to crunch forward (pretend you’re holding a ball) and pick up your upper body into a crunch. 20x Right / 20x Left.