We’ve announced our Culinary Stage and it is, arguably, one of Eat Drink Vegan’s biggest milestones to date. Roy Choi, Mary Sue Milliken, Shirley Chung, Bruce Kalman and Marcel Vigneron will be cooking and demonstrating their creations live for our 10th anniversary event this June 22nd.
MORE ON THE CHEFS:
- Roy Choi: creator of Kogi taco truck; Tastemade TV and KCET’s ‘Broken Bread’; Netflix’s ‘The Chef Show’; Social: @chefroychoi. He will be serving Tofu Tacos and burritos on-site as well as demo-ing them at the Culinary Stage
- Mary Sue Milliken: co-owner of Border Grill; featured on Top Chef Season Three & KCRW’s Good Food; opening a new restaurant in Santa Monica called Socalo; Social: @marysuemilliken
- Shirley Chung: owner of Ms Chi, Top Chef season 11, worked and opened restaurants for Thomas Keller, Guy Savoy; formerly Executive Chef Position at China Poblano, by Jose Andres; Social: @chfshirleychung
- Bruce Kalman: Executive Chef at Union in Pasadena, James Beard nomination for “Rising Star Chef”, formerly cooking in Chicago (Okno, Green Dolphin Street and Coco Pazzo), Santa Fe, NM (Il Piatto) and Phoenix, AZ (Chelsea’s Kitchen); Social: @chefbkalman, @unionpasadena.
- Marcel Vigneron: owner and chaf at WOLF; Syfy Network’s Marcel’s Quantum Kitchen; Bravo’s Top Chef and Top Chef All-Stars; Social: @marcelvigneron
The demos are scheduled from 1pm to 5pm throughout the EDV evening. Exact schedule to come in the next week. Hosted by USA Men’s Volleyball athlete Dustin Watten: Sponsored by Purple Carrot, Mountain Valley Water & Toyota.
What: Eat Drink Vegan – 10th year
Where: Rose Bowl, Pasadena
When: Saturday, June 22nd, 2pm for GA
EDV started with humble beginnings: originally called the Vegan Beer and Food Festival, it was a small gathering in The Roxy Theatre parking lot on the Sunset Strip back in 2009. Nic Adler, vegan and owner of The Roxy, had a vision for a vegan beer festival where plant-based beer drinkers could enjoy a day of celebration that was worry-free of animal product. The festival features highly curated restaurants & food vendors, 250+ beverages, and a plant-based marketplace that showcases everything from clothing & candles to packaged foods & skin care. And since 2015, EDV has expanded to include some additional events across the Los Angeles area, like LA’s Best Vegan Tacos, & the Vegan Grilled Cheese Block Party.