Three, two, one… Happy New Year! From parties lasting late into the night to day-time celebrations for the entire family and more, the country’s Midwest cities are hotspots for some of the greatest New Year’s traditions and events. Forget watching the ball drop in Times Square from your hotel room – the Midwest Marriott properties allow travelers and locals alike to ring in the New Year at their choice of festivities with convenient proximity. Whether looking to have an intimate New Year’s Eve with close friends or attending the largest gala, guests need not look far for the best lodging accommodations, some even with popular celebrations all their own.
• Travelers looking for an upscale celebration in the Second City have options aplenty. The JW Marriott Chicago offers its own NYE Soiree, boasting two concurrent events throughout the hotel. Featuring Chicago’s hottest live music cover bands and DJs, multiple rooms of entertainment and a four-hour all-inclusive premium package available, JW Marriott Chicago invites guests to leave the worries of the past year behind and embrace 2020 with full enthusiasm. Gala fans may enjoy “NYE 2020” at the W Chicago – City Center, an extravaganza with over-the-top entertainment, all-inclusive packages, pre- and post-parties and more in the heart of Chicago, near the Magnificent Mile. For guests looking to enjoy Chicago’s Navy Pier, the Chicago Resolution Gala, which is held annually in the Aon Grand Ballroom, is a lively option, while those traveling with children may prefer the spectacular display of Navy Pier’s Fireworks or enjoy time together at Lincoln Park Zoo’s Zoo Year’s Eve and the Chicago Children’s Museum Noon Year’s Eve. Several top Marriott properties are located just steps from these events, including The Ritz-Carlton, Chicago, AC Hotel Chicago Downtown and The Westin Chicago River North.
• Those visiting the Twin Cities have prime pickings for luxurious and comfortable Marriott properties to stay at, no matter what their plans. All within walking distance or short driving distance from some of downtown Minneapolis’ most popular celebrations, Hotel Ivy, Elliot Park Hotel, Aloft Minneapolis, Le Meridien Chambers, W Minneapolis – The Foshay, Minneapolis Marriott City Center, Emery and Moxy Minneapolis Uptown are in the center of the action. One of the most notable events for New Year’s in Minneapolis is the Crystal Ball, which offers guests 21 years of age and older the opportunity to dance, sing, laugh and play the night away, with live DJs, Piano Karaoke Lounge, an arcade game room with interactive LED games and more. In a similar fashion, Countdown Minneapolis is held annually at The Minneapolis Club, the extravagant festivities occur on multiple levels of the club with top DJs and a midnight countdown. For music lovers, the Snowta NYE Festival is a must at the famous music venue, The Armory.
• New Year’s in Detroit often comes with its own Motown Twist. The luxe Aloft Detroit at the David Whitney is the perfect on-site hotel for those looking to attend the annual New Year’s Eve celebration at the historic David Whitney Building, which known for beautiful art deco architecture stylings and an enclosed five-story atrium covered in marble with a skylighted roof. The party features Epicurean catering, a champagne toast, balloon drop, hors d’oeuvres and live music for the evening. For travelers and locals looking to explore the city elsewhere, top celebrations include the classic Detroit Princess Riverboat New Year’s Eve Motown Dinner Cruise, which allows guests to “rock the boat” on the Detroit River, the Resolution Ball at The Fillmore Detroit, which is billed as the most exclusive NYE party in the Midwest, and NYE Bleuout at Bleu Detroit, all convenient celebrations under three miles from Courtyard Detroit Downtown, Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center, The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit and The Henry.
Kansas City and St. Louis,Missouri
• Whether in downtown Kansas City, the Crossroads Arts District or beyond the locals and visitors know how to celebrate. At the iconic Union Station, thousands of people gather each New Year’s Eve to countdown at the New Year’s Swingin’ Eve, big band style. Kansas City Marriott Downtown, Sheraton Kansas City at Crown Center and The Westin Kansas City at Crown Center each offer a relaxing haven after an evening out, just a mere seven minute drive from Union Station and within walking distance of the Power & Light District, which hosts NYE! Live at the KC Live! block of the popular neighborhood. A fan favorite for individuals looking to get their party on into the early hours of the New Year, The View hosts a premium event with gourmet food options, DJs and a see-and-be-seen environment. Children and adults of all ages are invited to enjoy Zoo Year’s Eve at the Kansas City Zoo and Noon Year’s Eve at Science City, which is also conveniently located at Union Station.
• Across the state in St. Louis, similar festivities are held including NYE Live! At Ballpark Village in the dining and entertainment district downtown that attracts thousands of tourists each year. The Marriott St. Louis Grand and Magnolia Hotel St. Louis are each conveniently located less than a mile from the heart of Ballpark Village and the Courtyard St. Louis Downtown West is about 10 minutes from the action.
Columbus, Cleveland and Cincinnati,Ohio
• The three “C Cities” in Ohio are each hotspots for New Year’s Eve, boasting their own can’t-miss bashes. The Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel’s New Year’s Eve Party is held every year until 2 a.m. With several rooms each with their own vibe and entertainment, attendees have their choice of live band entertainment, DJs and the opportunity to enjoy a premium open bar, while being on-site at the beautiful hotel, keeping the evening safe and fun.
• In Cincinnati, visitors may enjoy a “Happy Zoo Year” at the Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden, which is ideal for “party animals” of all ages, and the Fountain Square New Year’s Eve Blast, which welcomes thousands of attendees each year for a family-friendly, free day featuring goofy games, dancing, delicious food, musical performances, an ice skating rink and celebration finale of fireworks. Adults may prefer New Year’s Eve at Winterfest or a pre-fixe dining experience at Nicholson’s Palomino, The Palace and more, with the Renaissance Cincinnati Downtown Hotel close by to rest before and after the festivities. The city’s Courtyard Cincinnati Blue Ash and Courtyard Cincinnati Covington hotels offer comfortable accommodations a short drive from the hustle and bustle of downtown celebrations.
• Upscale travelers looking for an elevated New Year’s Eve should make their way to Cleveland’s top events including the New Year’s Eve Gala on the Nautica Queen, which never fails to sell out each year due to extreme popularity and the Decades and Diamonds at The Vault, an upscale cocktail bar in the heart of downtown. After the night of lavish fun concludes, The Westin Cleveland Downtown and The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland offer accommodations sure to match the satisfaction of celebrating the start of a new year.