By Beachbody Super Trainer and creator of Ultimate Portion Fix, Autumn Calabrese
When deciding on a nutrition program to follow to slim down for your wedding there are a few key things to keep in mind. The first being how much time you have till the big day and how much time you have till your final dress fitting. Once you’ve had that final dress fitting its ideal to maintain your weight so that your dress fits on the big day!
Following the Foundational Fix plan of Ultimate Portion Fix is a great way to get wedding ready.
- Start by eliminating highly processed foods from your diet, this includes, sodas, sugary coffee drinks, cakes, candy, and any other foods you might be consuming that contain excessive amounts of sugar (anything over 8 grams per serving is high). If it has a laundry list of ingredients you can’t pronounce its go to go.
- Stick to whole foods, things like, fruit, vegetables, lean proteins (chicken, fish, turkey, tofu, tempeh, occasional red meat) and healthy carbohydrates like brown rice, quinoa, beans, potatoes, lentils and oats.
- Watch your portion sizes. You can overeat on healthy food as well. You don’t need as much as we tend consume to fuel your body. Ultimate Portion Fix shows you exactly how to portion out the foods that you love with its color coded, portion control containers.
- Balance your macronutrients. Again this is something Ultimate Portion Fix does for you. No counting calories, carbs, protein or anything else. Fill your containers and enjoy your food knowing that you’re getting a perfectly portioned, balanced meal every time.
- Make water your new best friend. Water is so important to the function of your body so stay hydrated, it also helps flush toxins out of your system. Make drinking half your body weight in oz of water a day your number 1 priority.
- Practice self care. Planning a wedding can be stressful, that stress can start to take a toll on your waistline if you’re not careful. So find ways to relax like taking an epsom salt bath, getting in a good sweat session, journaling, and most importantly getting enough sleep at night.
In addition to implementing Ultimate Portion Fix and these 6 tips, load your diet with foods that support a healthy weight.
- Apples not only provide a healthy, natural sweetness to your diet they are loaded with fiber to help you feel fuller for a longer period of time.
- Avocados have a monounsaturated fat called oleic acid which provides a slow burning energy source for the body. Its been shown to fire up the metabolism and healthy fats help you feel satiated.
- Beans are a great source of healthy carbohydrates.The are loaded with fiber and it takes our bodies a long time to digest. This again means you will feel full longer.
- Eggs are a great source of protein. I know they’ve gotten a bad wrap in the past but they are low in calories and high in protein. Increasing protein in ones diet has been shown as a effective form of weight loss.
- Chia Seeds try adding these little guys to a salad or smoothie. Chia seeds have been shown to help with endurance, energy and decreasing hunger. They are also high in omega – 3 fatty acids ( a good fat that we need) and protein.
Looking your best on your special day is a big deal and can stress a lot of people out. Take the stress away, follow a program that isn’t a diet, doesn’t leave you starving or feeling deprived, has been proven to work long term for hundreds of thousands of people. If you want a program that is effective and will have you feeling like your best self on your big day check out Ultimate Portion Fix.
About Autumn Calabrese
Celebrity trainer, best-selling author, and working mom Autumn Calabrese has created breakthrough fitness programs 80 Day Obsession®, 21 Day Fix®, 21 Day Fix EXTREME®, The Master’s Hammer and Chisel® and Country Heat®. She’s revolutionized the Beachbody fitness model with her simple approach to healthy eating.
Together with her chef brother, Bobby Calabrese, she authored the portion-control cookbook, FIXATETM and hosts the cooking show by the same name that streams on Beachbody® On Demand. FIXATE features simple, delicious recipes, all perfectly portion-controlled and easy to make. Her goal as a health and fitness expert is to motivate and inspire people to make the lasting changes that will serve them and their families for the rest of their lives.