We’ve got a destination for you to consider: Israel.
As the years pass by, you start to recognize the value of traveling together and there is no better way to bond than a mother-child trip. Historical sites, delectable cuisine, and stunning scenery make Israel the perfect destination to celebrate this Mother’s Day.
What to Do: Israel’s rich history provides travelers with limitless sites to see, and attractions to experience. Whether you’re a shopaholic looking to splurge this Mother’s Day, or a beach bum in desperate need of a vacation, Israel has it all.
- Neve Tzedek – Treat your Mom to a shopping spree this Mother’s Day in one of Tel Aviv’s oldest districts, Neve Tzedek. The small, narrow streets of the district have become increasingly fashionable due to restoration works that have commenced in recent years. Rather than simply buying your mother a gift this holiday, indulge in a shopping experience together and explore the unique boutiques, design shops and other captivating shops Neve Tzedek has to offer.
- Gordon Beach – For the mothers who need a break from work and family responsibilities, relax on one of Tel Aviv’s most popular beaches, Gordon Beach. The white, sandy beach that stretches alongside the most modern promenade in the country has an outdoor gym, volleyball courts, surfing, windsurfing, kayaking and a plethora of beach side bars and restaurants to choose from where mothers and daughters can unwind and let loose.
- Hidden Tunnels – The mysteries and underground worlds of Israel are waiting to be discovered by Mother’s who are consumed by wanderlust. Visit the top four hidden underground tunnels – Western Wall Tunnels, Hezekiah’s Tunnels (also known as Siloam Tunnels), Herodium National Park and Rosh HaNikra Grottoes – to peek into life during ancient times. This will be an unforgettable Mother’s Day for those who are truly looking to go off the beaten path.
Where to Stay: Israel is home to many highly-ranked hotels, offering guests relaxing and luxurious stays that cater to any type of vacationer.
- Budget: Dan Panorama – The Dan Panorama Hotel offers easy access to everywhere you want to be. Across the street is the Mediterranean Sea and within minutes you find yourself on an inviting sandy beach with warm and clear waters. With a huge pool and sundeck, premium leisure-time facilities and dining options, as well as all the dynamic and sophisticated attractions of Tel Aviv on its doorstep, the Dan Panorama Tel Aviv is perfect for a mother-daughter weekend trip on a budget.
- Spa: Carmel Forest Spa Resort – The Carmel Forest Spa Resort is the ideal getaway for mothers who need to escape stress and relieve tension. SpaFinder named the secluded 126-room resort the Best Spa in the Middle East several years in a row. The spa offers more than 70 body and beauty treatments such as massages, balance and release therapies, seaweed wraps, stone therapy, Reiki, Shiatsu, Healing, and Ayurveda. No guests under 16 years of age or mobile phones are permitted – making an exceptionally quiet and peaceful atmosphere for mothers to tap out of reality for a while.
- Luxury: Mamilla Hotel – Moms can take a break from cooking this Mother’s Day because Mamilla Hotel Dining has something for everyone. Rooftop Outdoor Lounge & Restaurant sits high above the city with a panoramic view of Jerusalem’s Old City. Happy Fish is a Mediterranean inspired fish restaurant overlooking Mamilla Avenue. You can eat in the harmonious ambiance of the ballroom for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and then head over to the mirror bar to bask in Jerusalem’s sophisticated nightlife scene. Coffee lovers can indulge in gourmet coffee at the espresso bar, while wine experts can raise their glasses at the winery.