With major hype surrounding the upcoming summer games in Tokyo, Japan is poised to have its best year yet. Plus: a roster of luxury hotel openings and exciting destinations beyond the popular tourist track.
Opening in January, the Park Hyatt Niseko Hanazono will offer a refined hideaway in one of Asia’s best ski destinations: Hokkaido. In May, the HOSHINOYA Okinawa will open in the Yomitan Village, an archipelago of serene coral reefs, as a sleek beachfront hotel with an innovative fusion restaurant.
A 90-minute bullet train from Tokyo is the Tohoku region, an ideal addition to an adventurous Japan trip. Known for its bustling capital city, Sendai, and dramatic landscapes allowing for myriad outdoor activities, Tohoku is home to off-beat culture and festivals, like the Namahage Festival in February.
Preferred Hotels & Resorts Announces 20 Exciting Independent Hotel Openings Taking Place In The New Year
Preferred Hotels & Resorts, the world’s largest independent hotel brand announces 20 new launches across the globe in 2020. From glitzy West Hollywood to historically palatial Stockholm, and from the winelands of Northern California to the undiscovered beaches of Tuscany, each of these new city hotels, beach resorts, and countryside retreats extends luxury independent hospitality at its finest, presenting travelers with an inspiring gateway to an authentic discovery of their chosen destination, wherever their journeys take them next.
BEST FOR A TOUCH OF HOLLYWOOD GLAMOUR
Pendry West Hollywood (West Hollywood, California, USA) – Launching summer 2020
Located on the iconic Sunset Strip, Pendry West Hollywood is one of the most anticipated developments in the creative heart of Los Angeles. The ‘new luxury’ hotel – set in an eye-catching glass fronted building with interiors designed by the acclaimed Martin Brudnizki Design Studio to evoke Californian glamour – comprises 149 guestrooms, including 37 suites and 40 additional residences. For the property’s signature restaurant and food and beverage outlets, Wolfgang Puck has created an unparalleled culinary experience inspired by the artistic energy of the surrounding area. Other stand-out features include a spectacular rooftop pool and bar adorned with chic cabanas; Spa Pendry a tranquil sanctuary offering personalized wellness treatments; curated public art collections showcasing local talent; bowling alley; and screening room. More information on Pendry West Hollywood, including rates, will be available soon via www.preferredhotels.com.
BEST FOR AN EXPERIENTIAL FOODIE BREAK
The Sense Experience Resort (Tuscany, Italy) – Launching March 2020
Located off the tranquil western central coast of Italy, bordering the Tyrrhenian Sea, The Sense Experience Resort is an eco-retreat made up of 12,000 acres of natural park and pine forest with a private beach in Tuscany’s Maremma region. Inspired by the five senses, the resort offers 112 guestrooms and suites with floor-to-ceiling windows and Italian-designed fabrics and furnishings, with many boasting views of Elba Island and the historic Torre Mozza. Guests are taken on a sensory culinary journey through dishes rooted in Tuscan experiences at Eatè restaurant; rotating street food menus for quick eats and picnics at onsite food truck L’Apino; and barefoot seven-course suppers on the beach under the stars. Other highlights include an outdoor pool with swim-up bar, complimentary bicycle rentals, cooking courses, yoga and Pilates, and a wealth of adventure activities, including deep-sea fishing, island trips by boat, and vineyard tours. Rates at The Sense Experience Resort start from US$130 per night. For more information or to book, visit www.preferredhotels.com.
BEST FOR HISTORICAL URBAN ELEGANCE
Villa Dagmar (Stockholm, Sweden) – Launching April 2020
Named after Dagmar Bergsten – a trailblazing woman and member of the owner’s family who enjoyed travel, art, and culinary trips to the Mediterranean in the early 1900s – Villa Dagmar is an intimate luxury hotel located in the exclusive Stockholm neighborhood of Östermalmstorg, close to City Hall, The Swedish History Museum, and Stureplan Square. The late 19th century Art Nouveau building extends 70 guestrooms and suites, some with balconies overlooking the inner courtyard and orangery, as well as an organic food store, concept store selling hand-picked designer pieces, spa, flower shop, and signature restaurant serving Mediterranean-fusion cuisine by Michelin-starred Daniel Höglander and Niclas Jönsson. Guests can also enjoy effortless trips to the renowned market hall Östermalmshallen, which is connected to the hotel. Rates at Villa Dagmar start from US$331 per night. For more information or to book, visit www.preferredhotels.com.
BEST FOR A REFINED WINE COUNTRY RETREAT
Montage Healdsburg (Healdsburg, California, USA) – Launching October 2020
The newest launch from Montage Hotels & Resorts, Montage Healdsburg is a transformative hideaway nestled in the hills of Sonoma County, offering travelers a convenient and luxurious base to explore the destination’s celebrated wineries and farm-to-table restaurants. Designed with sustainability in mind, each of the 130 bungalow-style guestrooms and suites are in historic groves and comprise understated contemporary furnishings crafted with local stone, wood, and copper, along with private outdoor spaces that make up a third of each lodging including fire pits, private outdoor showers, and plush daybeds. Guests can experience two fine dining restaurants, treatments at Spa Montage, and a host of activities across the 258-acre resort such as winery tours, cooking classes, outdoor musical performances, 250 miles of hiking and biking trails, archery, and the bee apiary. More information on Montage Healdsburg, including rates, will be available soon via www.preferredhotels.com.
BEST FOR AN OCEANFRONT WELLNESS GETAWAY
Amrit Ocean Resort & Spa (Singer Island, Florida, USA) – Launching June 2020
Comprising more than seven acres of oceanfront in Palm Beach County’s Singer Island, Amrit Ocean Resort & Spa is a luxury coastal getaway created for guests to unplug and recharge. The wellness resort combines Eastern wellbeing philosophies and western technology through The Five Pillars of Wellness – its partnership with ESPA and the Himalayan Institute that connects mindfulness, nutrition, fitness, relaxation, and sleep across its four-story spa, meditation gardens, four farm-to-table restaurants, tranquility pools, outdoor Patanjali yoga classes, and sleep specialist services. The 153 guestrooms and 34 grand luxury wellness suites include terraces with uninterrupted ocean views featuring circadian rhythm lighting and freestanding bathtubs where guests can enjoy a personalized aromatherapy bath, compliments of a Bath Concierge.More information on Amrit Ocean Resort & Spa, including rates, will be available soon via www.preferredhotels.com.
ADDITIONAL 2020 OPENINGS INCLUDE:
· Greystone Miami Beach (Miami Beach, Florida, USA) – relaunching February 2020: Steps from the white sand beach, the historic 1930s hotel embraces Miami’s energy with Art Deco glamour across 91 guestrooms, a stunning rooftop pool, and a whiskey and dark spirits lounge.
· Hotel Maverick (Grand Junction, Colorado, USA) – launching April 2020: Located steps from Colorado Mesa University, Hotel Maverick will be the first luxury hotel in the area at 45,000 square feet offering 60 guestrooms, two restaurants, and bar.
· The Liberty Trust Hotel (Roanoke, Virginia, USA) – launching April 2020: Set in the Blue Ridge Mountains and originally opened in 1910 as a bank and office building, The Liberty Trust Hotel will launch after a full refurbishment to offer 50 guestrooms and suites.
· Hotel Effie Sandestin (Sandestin, Florida, USA) – launching June 2020: On 2,400 acres of Florida’s Emerald Coast, the hotel integrates coastal charm with Southern hospitality across 250 guestrooms and 19 suites with views of Choctawhatchee Bay and championship golf courses.
· Brenton Hotel (Newport, Rhode Island, USA) – launching June 2020: Located on the waterfront, Brenton Hotel pays homage to the area’s public buildings and their history through its architecture and features 57 sunlit guestrooms and suites with expansive views.
· The Lake House on Canandaigua (Canandaigua, New York, USA) – launching summer 2020: Situated on picturesque Canandaigua Lake, the property offers lakeside luxury across 125 guestrooms, a dedicated events barn, signature restaurant, and destination spa and wellness center.
· Iberostar Grand Fontana di Trevi (Rome, Italy) – launching March 2020: Just 200 feet from Trevi Fountain, Iberostar Grand Fontana di Trevi extends 19th century Art Deco design elements across 67 guestrooms, two signature restaurants, and a spectacular rooftop terrace with skyline views.
· Villa Copenhagen (Copenhagen, Denmark) – launching April 2020: A historic grand post office turned luxury hotel located next to Tivoli Gardens, Villa Copenhagen highlights conscious, approachable luxury across 390 guestrooms and suites – including a luxurious Earth Suite made solely from sustainable materials – as well as stunning interior gardens and dining outlets.
· The Guardsman (London, United Kingdom) – launching April 2020: On London’s exclusive Buckingham Gate with 53 unique guestrooms and six exclusive residences, The Guardsman offers the atmosphere, discretion, and personal service associated with a private members’ club.
· The Diaoyutai Mansion Frankfurt (Frankfurt, Germany) – launching July 2020: The first European hotel by the Diaoyutai MGM Hospitality hotel group combines traditional Asian design with international flair across 250 guestrooms and suites, steps from Frankfurt’s top attractions.
· Pestana Douro, Riverside Hotel and Conference Centre (Porto, Portugal) – launching May 2020: The newest hotel from Pestana Hotels & Resorts will offer 165 guestrooms and suites, along with meeting and event spaces, on the shores of the Douro River.
· The Londoner (London, United Kingdom) – launching July 2020: Located in Leicester Square, The Londoner is the world’s first super boutique hotel, boasting six subterranean levels and 350 guestrooms including 35 suites, in addition to showcasing the energy of London’s West End through unique design, innovative social spaces, and distinctive restaurants.
· Alma Resort (Cam Ranh, Vietnam) – launching February 2020: Situated on one of Vietnam’s most beautiful beaches, Alma Resort offers innovative design across nearly 600 apartments and villas, each featuring a waterfront view.
· The Chedi Mumbai (Mumbai, India) – launching March 2020: Located in the heart of India’s commercial capital, The Chedi Mumbai is a serene and stylish oasis with 316 guestrooms and suites offering views of Powai Lake or the city skyline.
· CONNECT BUSAN (Busan, South Korea) – launching May 2020: With 216 guestrooms and suites, each with private balconies and sweeping views of Busan Harbor or Yongdusan Park, CONNECT BUSAN is a respite for leisure and business travelers in South Korea’s historic area.
Whether on the go for business or leisure, travelers who visit these new hotels, along with more than 700 other member hotels from the Preferred Hotels & Resorts portfolio, can access exclusive member rates and earn reward points with the I Prefer Hotel Rewards program. Free to join, the program extends points redeemable towards free nights and other on-property expenditures, elite status, and other complimentary benefits to guests. Bookings can be made online at PreferredHotels.com or on the I Prefer mobile app, available on Android and iOS.
For more information on these hotels or any of the properties represented within the Preferred Hotels & Resorts portfolio, please visit www.PreferredHotels.com.
About Preferred Hotels & Resorts
Preferred Hotels & Resorts is the world’s largest independent hotel brand, representing more than 750 distinctive hotels, resorts, residences, and unique hotel groups across 85 countries. Through its five global collections, Preferred Hotels & Resorts connects discerning travelers to the singular luxury hospitality experience that meets their life and style preferences for each occasion. Every property within the portfolio maintains the high quality standards and unparalleled service levels required by the Preferred Hotels & Resorts Integrated Quality Assurance Program. The I Prefer™ Hotel Rewards program, Preferred Residences℠, Preferred Pride℠, and Preferred Golf™ offer valuable benefits for travelers seeking a unique experience. For more information, visit PreferredHotels.com.
Today, Liam Payne has released his highly anticipated debut album LP1, listen HERE.
Available now in CD, vinyl and digital formats, the record features all of Liam’s global smash hit singles, as well as new original unheard material.
Hit singles featured on the album include Liam’s debut “Strip That Down” featuring Quavo, which has sold a huge 11.5 million copies worldwide and has been streamed over 1.8 billion times, and most recent singles “Stack It Up” featuring A Boogie wit da Hoodie and “All I Want (For Christmas)” – his first ever solo festive track. The video for new single “Live Forever” will be released later today.
Other previous singles included are “Bedroom Floor”, “Get Low”, “Familiar” with J Balvin, which reached over 110 million streams on Spotify alone, and “For You”, his duet with Rita Ora which was featured on the Fifty Shades Freed official soundtrack.
Recorded in a variety of locations across the globe including London, New York and LA, the album has Liam’s signature urban pop sound throughout plus some more stripped back tracks. The record sees him collaborating with a host of A-list producers and writers including Ed Sheeran, Ryan Tedder, Zedd, Jonas Blue, Steve Mac, Joe London, and The Monsters and the Strangerz.
Platinum-selling Liam has sold more than 18 million singles in just two years as a solo artist since One Direction. He has been streamed a total of 3.7 billion times.
Sober Collective Art Gallery Pop-Up
80 NE 29th Street, Wynwood
Tonight, Sunday, December 8
7 p.m. – 12 a.m.
Eight of Holland’s greatest creative minds have joined forces to create a visual playground in their pop-up art gallery in the heart of Wynwood during Miami Art Week 2019.
There’s a VIP Opening Reception on Sunday, December 8th from 7 p.m. – 12 a.m. for an exclusive tour of the collection curated by Sober Collective’s Tim Boin in the heart of Wynwood.
Travel and hospitality professionals across the globe are preparing to usher in a new decade of travel, focusing on up-and-coming destinations, increasingly popular lodging trends, and fresh ways to experience travel in a meaningful way that impacts the way people view the world. With more than 50 years of industry experience, the experts at Preferred Hotels & Resorts – the world’s largest independent hotel brand with more than 750 properties in 85 countries – are sharing their insights and tips for the year ahead.
- CONSCIOUS TRAVEL – According to the Sustainable Travel Report released by Booking.com, 58% of travelers will consciously avoid visiting a destination if it is shown to negatively impact the people who live there. “Hospitality brands that move beyond greenwashing to demonstrate how they are minimizing their social and environmental footprint are reaping the rewards in customer loyalty and share of wallet,” says Michelle Woodley, President. “Since launching GIFTTS (Great Initiatives for Today’s (Tomorrow’s) Society) in 2005 – which recognizes hotels that go above and beyond in the areas of community service, education, philanthropy, and sustainability – Preferred Hotels & Resorts has celebrated and supported the sustainable efforts hundreds of independent hotels, providing them with a platform from which to share best practices that enhance their environmental and social contributions and inspire others to take action.”
- TRANSFORMATIONAL TRAVEL – Described by the Transformative Travel Council (founded in 2016) as “intentionally traveling to stretch, learn and grow into new ways of being and engaging with the world”, 2020 will witness this trend evolve as a critical thread connecting other trends identified this year. As travelers harness nature, culture, and social activities to connect with their inner self and promote qualitative life changes, transformational travel will more assertively intersect with conscious travel, micro-cations and second city travel to become less focused on the self and more about the lasting benefit a traveler can have on others. “Travel and the quest for ‘Where Next?’ has long been used as a way to deal with the twists and turns in life, be it respite from a stressful career, a means to deal with major life events, or as a landmark activity and life-stage celebration. Transformative travel enables a traveler to immerse themselves in the virtues of travel, be they emotional, social, physical or spiritual. It is the pursuit of becoming better versions of ourselves and in doing so, our humanity is reinforced,” says Kristie Goshow, Chief Marketing Officer.
- MICRO-CATIONS – Defined as a leisure trip consisting of less than four nights, ‘micro-cations’ are rising in popularity among all age groups as travelers seek opportunities to see more destinations in a shorter amount of time. Leading this trend are time-poor millennial executives who are replacing longer, more traditional vacations with shorter getaways. “In a world where everyone is constantly connected, micro-cations offer an ideal opportunity to unwind and recharge in shorter, more frequent intervals,” says Caroline Klein, Executive Vice President of Corporate Communications and Public Relations. “Getting away for just a few days, even if you are still responding to emails, helps put things into perspective. This trend truly resonates with me as the only millennial senior executive at Preferred Hotels & Resorts. I often try to add on a few days of leisure to international business trips to gain a new perspective on areas of the world that I may never visit again or that I have not experienced outside of a business context.”
- LGBTQ FAMILY TRAVEL – With a total of 25 countries across Europe and the Americas now legally recognizing and performing same sex marriage, the industry is turning its attention to the LGBTQ family travel segment. According to a recent report by LGBTQ market research firm Community Marketing & Insights, 85% of LGBTQ parents with children under 18 have taken one vacation or more as a family in the past year. And with more LGBTQ couples choosing to start their own families year on year, travel agents and tour operators should be addressing this demographic’s service, privacy, and security requirements. “While lesbians have long spearheaded LGBTQ family travel, we have seen a notable increase in gay men traveling with their children, which presents a huge opportunity for well-positioned travel brands to directly market their programs and experiences,” says Rick Stiffler, Senior Vice President of Leisure Sales and ambassador for Preferred Pride.“Now entering its tenth year, the Preferred Pride program offers training to more than 300 luxury hotels, resorts, and residences that caters to LGBTQ traveling families – a welcome addition to the exclusive benefits and amenities that travelers receive when they book stays through the program.”
- INSTA-TOURISM– According to a recent study by Amadeus, 40% of Instagram users under the age of 33 ranked Instagram as a top factor for selecting a vacation, and with more than 500 million users sharing an average of 85 million photos each day (according to National Geographic), Instagram is undoubtedly the most prominent source of wanderlust inspiration, guiding travelers to their destination choices. “In 2020, it will be more essential than ever for travel brands to effectively leverage the power of Instagram to capture the attention and engagement of target audiences and ultimately drive bookings,” says Lindsey Ueberroth, Chief Executive Officer. “Content, campaigns, and collaborative partnerships should be crafted to appeal to Generation Z, in addition to millennials, who are starting to build their brand loyalties and are influential in the decision process for family vacations.”
- SECOND-CITY TRAVEL – According to a recent survey by Booking.com, over half (54%) of global travelers want to play a part in reducing over-tourism, while 51% would swap their original destination for a similar alternative if it would have a positive environmental or social impact. As such, travelers are starting to choose secondary and tertiary destinations that still provide the same charm and culture as their better-known counterparts to alleviate the issues. “We see growth in a number of secondary markets globally, owed in part to improved air access and more diverse travel itineraries from tour operators. With this trend, we believe destinations such as Guadalajara, Mexico; Suzhou, China; Milwaukee, Wisconsin; Porto, Portugal; and Belfast, Northern Ireland, and similar, are likely to see an uptick in visitors in the New Year,” says Robert Van Ness, Executive Vice President of the Americas.
- RESIDENTIAL-STYLE ACCOMMODATIONS – Residential options continue to surge in popularity among all travel segments, given their ability to provide more flexibility for individual or group needs, particularly at a time when multi-generational trips, personalization, and convenience are a top priority for travelers. In response, hospitality brands, particularly luxury hotel groups, will further invest in the expansion of their residential-style inventory in 2020, with the goal of increasing their share of a market dominated by a handful of alternative lodging providers. “While the hotel pipeline continues to boom, travelers are increasingly seeking residential-style lodging options, ranging from beachfront villas with access to resort facilities for family celebrations to city-center serviced apartments for business and even short-term relocations,” says Philipp Weghmann, Executive Vice President of Europe. “Preferred Residences has just marked its 100-property milestone, offering travelers a wider selection of stand-alone luxury accommodations that connect guests to the unique culture of 32 destinations while offering a home-like space that meets their specific needs in size, amenities, and comfort.”
- HOT DESTINATION: MEXICO – Mexico’s rich and diverse culture naturally lends itself to hospitality experiences that showcase the people, local design and architecture, and regional cuisines. As such, tourism to Mexico is on the rise with total visitors in 2019 estimated to top more than 45 million by year-end, a 5.6% increase from the previous year, with an increase in upper upscale and luxury properties projected to launch in 2020 to meet the growing demand. “Mexico’s luxury market has emerged over the past few years to be the largest and most resilient in Latin America, with new destinations like Los Cabos and established ones like Yucatan Peninsula leading the way.” says Antonio Vera, Regional Director of Mexico. “Preferred Hotels & Resorts has seen continual development since entering the market in 1999 with recent launches such as Atelier Playa Mujeres and Montage Los Cabos in the luxury and ultra-luxury segments. This broad range of premium hotels and resorts has helped transform Mexico from a low-cost, all-inclusive market to a robust luxury leisure market in less than 10 years.”
- HOT DESTINATION: COPENHAGEN, DENMARK – As sustainability continues to remain top-of-mind for travelers globally, eco-friendly destinations contributing to the protection of their local environment are rising in popularity. In Europe, Copenhagen is aiming to become the world’s first carbon neutral city by 2025, while Denmark overall has been regularly voted one of the happiest and healthiest countries. “With a slew of hotels slated to open in Copenhagen next year, Villa Copenhagen will be the most impactful and exciting, as it transforms from the city’s century-old post office into a luxury eco-hotel that will debut in April,” says Brenda Collin, Managing Director, UK, Ireland, Nordics, and The Netherlands. Prioritizing conscious luxury and nature throughout, the property is investing heavily in renewable energy, partnerships with environmentally friendly and sustainable local brands, and forward-thinking initiatives, including the luxurious Earth Suite designed with only sustainable materials.
- HOT DESTINATION: JAPAN – With annual arrivals soaring by more than 24 million, Japan was the decade’s fastest growing major travel destination. Fresh from the excitement surrounding this year’s 2019 Rugby World Cup and newly lifted visa restrictions, Tokyo is poised to trend again. In addition to hosting the 2020 Summer Olympic and Paralympic Games, Shibuya – the capital city’s major commercial district, is currently undergoing a massive skyline changing redevelopment. “As Tokyo aims to reach more international travelers, the Japanese National Tourism Board is further investing in multilingual marketing campaigns to generate interest in Japan’s lesser-visited destinations, helping to fuel a wider discovery of the country long after the Olympics,” says Kaori Yamaguchi, Managing Director of Japan. “Preferred Hotels & Resorts represents 17 outstanding independent properties in Japan, including Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel in Tokyo, Hotel New Grand in Yokohama, and The Thousand Kyoto in Kyoto, which provide travelers with great launch pads from which to explore culturally-rich destinations beyond Tokyo.”
For more information on the properties and experiences represented within the Preferred Hotels & Resorts portfolio, please visit www.PreferredHotels.com.
Hot off the heels of releasing their recent collaboration “Tokyo Drifting” feat. Denzel Curry, Glass Animals drops the video for their latest single today. “Tokyo Drifting” is part of the band’s Fresh Fruit series of collaborations. The video was directed by rubberband and shot in Yonkers, New York.
WATCH THE VIDEO FOR “TOKYO DRIFTING” HERE!
On the inspiration behind the video, rubberband says, “We were inspired by a variety of things: the handmade nature of Iza Genzken’s collage work, 90’s video games, 80’s comic books. We sort of filtered all this through the lens of the myth of the Minotaur. The video was shot in Yonkers at an abandoned Catholic school (I’m sure the church would be thrilled). We really wish the toilets had worked…”
They continue, saying, “Mostly, we just wanted to make something that felt different. Post was a lot like playing jazz, we experimented with a wide variety of different animation techniques and titling. In the end, Dave put a lot of trust in us and we are very grateful for that.”
The single has already received widespread critical acclaim from Billboard, The FADER, HYPEBEAST, Genius, E! News, Consequence Of Sound, HotNewHipHop and many more, with Billboard proclaiming, “Glass Animals are back, and in case you were wondering: they’ve “still got it”” and E! News hailing the song as “a sign of good things to come.”
Glass Animals is a British four-piece project led by singer, songwriter and producer Dave Bayley with his bandmates and childhood friends Joe Seaward, Ed Irwin-Singer and Drew Macfarlane. Their second album How To Be A Human Being was one of the most critically acclaimed and widely adored records of 2016 and went on to be nominated for the Mercury Album Of The Year Award in 2017. As well as producing both ZABA and How to be a Human Being, Dave has worked with a number of artists outside of the band, including 6lack, Khalid, Joey Bada$$, DJ Dahi, Flume and MorMor.
Last month, Glass Animals played a surprise show at Oxford’s The Bullingdon, which (unsurprisingly) sold out in 37 seconds. Stay tuned for more live plans from Glass Animals in the new year…
Darkroom/Interscope Records artist Billie Eilish, accompanied by her brother and chief collaborator FINNEAS O’Connell, performed an intimate acoustic set for a room of excited fans and friends in The Blue Room at Nashville’s Third Man Records November 6th. The set was recorded live on Third Man’s direct-to-acetate system (a 1953 Scully lathe, previously homed at King Records), and the vinyl recording will be available this Friday only at Third Man retail locations in Nashville and Detroit.
WATCH VIDEO OF BILLIE EILISH CREATING SPLATTER JACKET
Available Friday, fans will have access to two versions, both extremely limited: a green vinyl edition available at both Third Man Records locations in Nashville and Detroit and an extremely limited amount of black & blue split-color versions, featuring one-of-a-kind splatter artwork created by Eilish during her evening spent at Third Man headquarters, available at the Nashville storefront exclusively. Watch footage of Billie making the jackets for the latter version HERE.
Both storefronts open at 10am Friday morning. Available only while supplies last.
It was a big year on the charts for six-time Grammy-Awards nominee Billie Eilish. The 17-year old singer, songwriter and musician debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 with her album WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO? She scored her first No. 1 single on the Billboard Hot 100 with “bad guy,” which has since become the longest-running Hot 100 top ten hit by a female artist in the last century, amassing more than 3 billion global audio streams across all platforms, and climbing to No. 1 at Top 40 and Alternative radio. WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO? is now the highest-selling debut album of 2019 and biggest North American debut album of the decade (male, female or group), shifting 313,000 units in its first week and hitting No. 1 on the Billboard 200 album chart for an additional two nonconsecutive weeks. Billie has now earned more than 24 billion combined career audio and video streams, while her 2020 WHERE DO WE GO? World Arena Tour sold out of 500,000+ tickets within an hour of on-sale, beginning March 9, 2020.
SiriusXM today announced a new creative partnership with U2 to launch U2X RADIO, which will include a dedicated SiriusXM channel and exclusive content available only to SiriusXM subscribers and Pandora listeners.
The announcement was made by U2, live from The Joshua Tree Tour stage at the Saitama Super Arena in Tokyo, Japan, with a cut-in from frontman Bono to Howard Stern on his SiriusXM channel “Howard 100,” which saw the tour’s massive 200×40 ft screen light up with a video tribute to radio ahead of a live performance of the band’s hit ‘Elevation’. A simultaneous stream by U2 on Facebook Live allowed fans around the world to hear the news of U2X RADIO as it happened.
U2 has sold more than 170 million records worldwide and has won 22 Grammy awards, more than any other band or group. Their most recent album ‘Songs Of Experience’ (2017) debuted at #1 on the Billboard 200, setting the recently declared “Artist Of The Decade” (Pollstar Magazine) apart as the only band in history to have topped the chart in four successive decades, including eight albums that reached number one in the U.S.
U2X RADIO will launch in 2020 with the band themselves taking to the airwaves and will feature music from U2’s acclaimed decades-long career; never before heard interviews and live concert recordings; favorites and surprises from the archive; band curated playlists sharing personal influences both new and old; plus content celebrating their Dublin roots and much, much more.
Bono said – “Generally when I open my mouth people prefer if I’m singing, but on U2X RADIO, maybe they’ll forgive me the odd interruption…”
Adam Clayton said – “I’m not entirely sure what this is but what it isn’t is an opportunity to hear some bass solos… U2 24/7. Welcome to the last 43 years of my life.”
Larry Mullen said – “It all sounds exhausting to me but if people really want to listen to us for 24 hours a day, this is the way to do it.”
The Edge added – “So I get to sit around having a laugh with my musician friends and playing our favorite music. As I always say, I have the best job in the world!”
“U2 has unparalleled influence as musicians, social activists and global cultural icons. The band’s ability to evolve has enabled it to create a large and diverse library of hit songs, as well as four-plus decades’ worth of renowned live performances. U2X RADIO and the offering on Pandora will provide listeners new access and insights into one of the world’s most accomplished bands. We could not be more excited to welcome Bono, The Edge, Adam and Larry to the SiriusXM family,” said Scott Greenstein, President and Chief Content Officer, SiriusXM.
U2 joins LeBron James’ UNINTERRUPTED, platinum recording artist Drake and comic book giant Marvel Entertainment in coming to SiriusXM and Pandora for exclusive content and access. They also join
other iconic and leading artists who are featured on their own dedicated SiriusXM channels, such as Phish, Garth Brooks, The Beatles, Bruce Springsteen, Tom Petty, Pearl Jam, Elvis Presley and Frank Sinatra.
*Artwork courtesy of Ross Stewart
The Hangout Music Festival, a three-day music vacation on the beach, today announces the lineup for the eleventh installment of the annual festival. Hosted oceanside on the beaches of Gulf Shores Alabama, Hangout Fest is a one-of-a-kind experiential event featuring performances from the biggest artists in pop, rock, hip-hop, electronic and country, and an array of immersive beach activities that extend far beyond music. This year’s event will take place Friday, May 15 ending Sunday, May 17, 2020.
Hangout Fest offers attendees a luxurious weekend of watching the biggest names in music with their feet in the sand. VIP pools with a close-up view of the Hangout Main Stage and hammocks lining the beach give fans a festival experience of unparalleled comfort and proximity to the cast of all-star performers.
The highly anticipated lineup, arguably Hangout’s biggest yet, will include:
Red Hot Chili Peppers, Post Malone, Billie Eilish, Marshmello, Lana Del Rey, Cage The Elephant, Juice WRLD, Illenium, Kane Brown, Rainbow Kitten Surprise, Louis The Child, The Head and the Heart, RL Grime, Jhené Aiko, Megan Thee Stallion, FINNEAS, Madeon, Quinn XCII, Moon Taxi, The Band Camino, Oliver Tree, T-Pain, Tove Lo, Big Wild, Wallows, Chelsea Cutler, Alec Benjamin, YUNGBLUD, Jai Wolf, Dominic Fike, Mt. Joy, Omar Apollo, Orville Peck, Snakehips, Surfaces, Doja Cat, SAINt JHN, Scarypoolparty, Bea Miller, Getter, Shallou, The Aces, Missio, Barns Courtney, SNBRN, Blunts & Blondes, The Glorious Sons, Whipped Cream, 99 Neighbors, Elderbrook, NOTD, Paul Cauthen, Raveena, Regard, Bren Joy, Luttrell, Taska Black, Pluko, Bailey Bryan, Dan Luke and the Raid, Duskus, Mattiel, MEMBA, Lucii, Perto, KennyHoopla, and Softest Hard
Complementing the stellar talent, guests can partake in a wide range of activities and events. Dive into the water at one of our beach clubs, swing at Hammock Beach, play beach volleyball, practice yoga, go disco skating at the full-sized Roller Rink. You can also rekindle those vintage summer vibes at Camp Hangout or join one of the epic dance parties happening by the waves with DJs all weekend long! See a full list of activities here.
Tickets go on sale Monday, December 9 at 10 AM CT / 11 AM ET with a variety of ticket offerings ranging from GA to a host of VIP options. Celebrate your best life with all-inclusive VIP, Super VIP, Big Kahuna and Cabana packages for a decadent stay that is part music, part gourmet dining and 100% epic beach party. Featuring exclusive beach access, pool-side and jacuzzi-side views of the main stage, complimentary food, beer, wine and cocktails all weekend. Regular three-day GA tickets are $299 and all-inclusive three-day VIP tickets start at $1,099. The festival will again offer payment plans for GA and VIP purchases, allowing fans to pay for their tickets in five installments with a 10% down payment. Detailed information on ticketing can be found at hangoutmusicfest.com.
Fans have the opportunity to purchase presale tickets via American Express or Tunespeak. The AMEX presale starts Friday, December 6 at 8AM CT / 9 AM ET and is open to all American Express Card Holders. The Tunespeak presale starts Friday, December 6 at 10AM CT / 11 AM ET and customers can sign up for access at hangoutmusicfest.com. Both presales end Monday, December 9 at 9:30 AM CT / 10:30 AM ET .